Liebert Maryland partnered with a government agency to deploy a prefabricated modular data center solution (SmartMod) for their core data center site in Maryland.
PFM data centers deliver low-risk, high-value implementations with the added benefits of faster delivery and easier on-site installation, resulting in a data center that’s up and running in hours or days instead of weeks or months.
Vertiv SmartMod is a flexible platform, optimized for simplified deployment of your critical IT assets.
For small room IT deployments up to 10 racks and 100kW or less, Vertiv SmartMod offers a simple way to install capacity in a fraction of the time a typical IT build might take. With integrated, pre-engineered, and pre-fabricated infrastructure, you can rapidly achieve your objectives. And you don’t have to blow the budget, or overbuild based on uncertain future needs – with right-sized systems designed to work together and optimized for constructability and speed to startup, you can build just what you need today, better aligning your capital plans to your business challenges.
SmartMod leverages core Vertiv Critical Power, Thermal Management, and Monitoring & Control technologies.
- Modular and scalable Liebert EXM UPS power protection
- Close-coupled in-row Liebert CRV thermal management units with intelligent iCOM controls
- Flexible Vertiv VR racks
- Vertiv rack PDUs
- Thermal containment to isolate hot aisle and cold aisle airflows for optimum thermal performance
- Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) to reliably select normal or emergency power sources
- Clean agent fire suppression with optional VESDA early smoke detection
- Overhead infrastructure, including piping, electrical distribution, and fiber ducts